Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTNLNYC
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2006

Is there a way to get MP4 support in plogger? It would be nice to be able to hosts videos using it.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

It's possible, but not easily done, and begins to carry Plogger away from its conception as a "lightweight image gallery".

I would suggest instead using a free service like vimeo.com, which allows you to host and embed your videos in blog posts and webpages, as well as contains an online gallery.
    • CommentAuthorTNLNYC
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2006

Thanks but working with one of the video hosting companies is a thing that I don't want to do (for the same reasons that I use plogger instead of flickr ;) )

I'll try to find some video gallery program then :)
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2006

I don't know what kind of website you have, but if you're using WordPress (for which there will eventually be a Plogger plugin), there is someone who wrote a plugin for video inclusion, in posts or as a gallery. Also supports option to use services like vimeo.com to store your movies and still show them inside your own site.

There are several options over there, all still in development (as always): http://www.xyooj.com/blog/plink/technical/27/wordpress-youtube-video-gallery-plugin/
    • CommentAuthorhcgtv
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2006

TNLNYC,

Have you taken a look at Loudblog: http://loudblog.de/

I've played with it locally and I like what I see.
    • CommentAuthorwh74
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2006

I have found how to upload video files. I just added the extension to the list in plog_import.php around line 76

if($filename_ext == "jpg" || $filename_ext == "gif" || $filename_ext == "bmp" || $filename_ext == "png")

I tested it with a .avi file and it uploaded fine. The only thing is how to create a thumbnail for this, any suggestions?
    • CommentAuthorwh74
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2006

Thanks very much, looks much better than a red cross.
    • CommentAuthorevinx
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2007

maybe you can let the gallary for what it is

and use a plugin script

so you can aks the plugin release file

so you can see withs plugins are available
    and you can select withs you want to have
    and download / auto install in plogger

its just a idea

so you can make more scripts and plugins and
    the people who are looking for a light gallary scripts can leave the plugins for what the are
    so they don't have to install them ?